Monday, January 25, 2010

Nafiza-This Girl Got Game!

Nafiza is certainly a girl who knows her game! We watched her story from Edutopia's Digital Youth Portrait interview. Nafiza is an 18-year-old girl from NY and is very technologically savvy. She enjoys online virutal games, DDR, and making videos.





I was most intrigued by the first part of the video where Nafiza listed off the many different ways technology is implemented into her day. Just like Nafiza, technology is an important part of my day.

I can relate to Nafiza with the fact that I use technology "from the moment I wake up." Just like Nafiza, I use my cell phone as an alarm clock, have my ipod with me at all times, and usually check my facebook whenever I get home. I don't notice technology being such a large part of my day-it's just second nature. When Nafiza went into detail about how technology affects her day, it really made me think about mine as well. I use my cell phone as an alarm clock and to text friends during the day. I use my ipod for music, notes, photos, internet, and an online Bible. Computers are also important-I use them for class assignments, photo editing, music, to keep in touch with long distant friends, and so much more!

Just as technology is becoming more of an essential part of our personal lives, it is also becoming an essential part of education. As a future teacher, I think it is important to integrate technology into my classroom. I could do this by allowing my students make video "lessons," finding online games that relate to materials covered in class, and participating in a class blog. Technology is making skyrocket advancements each day, but I believe we will only see this continue in future years!

No comments:

Post a Comment